penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

lies my mother told me

• don't turn the lights on and off or someone will think there's a fire
• turning the tv on and off wastes electricity
• ketchup goes on everything
• sex kills
• eating cookies (or cake or cupcakes or muffins or bread) right out of the oven will give you a stomach ache
• socks go to jesus
• you can't put defrosted chicken back into the freezer or it’ll make you sick
• if you play with matches, you’ll pee in bed

I swear, one day this will be a book. For now, I wonder what bizarro things I will say to my own daughter that she will one day make available for the whole world to read.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Village Mama said…

    OK, the chicken one is news to me. I've always believed the same about chicken, although I'm not so sure that my mom told me! The only thing that my mom used to tell us was that if you ate raw dough - bread dough w/ yeast, it would grow inside you and your stomach would explode. I believe however that there may be some truth to that one!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger metro mama said…

    I always believed that one about chicken too....

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger karengreeners said…

    don't believe the hype. c. was so adamant that i was brainwashed into believing that one, that he easily dug up supporting proof of the contrary. apparantly it just changes the texture of the meat. but i am very happy to know that i am not alone on that one. (and i still make sure that i never re-freeze)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape