penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Blog Me Baby, Blog Me Baby All Night Long

BlogMe

So, forgive me for my earlier technical indiscreton. I can’t believe that I screwed up posting the interview of the woman that is the brains behind this feat of organizational genius!

I promise I will leave this up as my most recent post for longer than usual so that the lovely Jana of Something Baby Blue gets a nice long moment in the sun – she deserves it. Jana’s a very cool chick who likes hockey. ‘Nuff said as far as I’m concerned, but add to it that she mommed two of the cutest ginger-locked pixies in the blogspere, writes like nobody’s business and cared enough about all of us to help put together this super-fun exchange, and that makes her tops in my books.

And now, without further ado, from Something Baby Blue, I give you, Jana


What is the quality you most admire in a blogger?
I admire people who have the storytelling gene in spades. My ever expanding blogroll is full of people who are witty and deep. I have to be careful not to sneak away during office hours or I will likely find myself laughing out loud or wiping away a heartfelt tear.

How would you describe your blog?
It is full of unanswered questions. If you have the answers please come and guide me. Show me the way. For example I still need someone to confirm if race car drivers wear Depends, have time to go during pit stops or just sweat it out.

What do you most like about your blog?
I like when the words pour out and write themselves.
The support from my new friends is priceless.
I love that it has become the thing in my life that keeps me sane.

What do you regard as the principle defect of your blog?
Whenever I give myself a topic that I want to write about, the words get stuck in my head. Some of the things that are important to me and others that make me who I am seem to be permanently lodged in a zone I can’t reach.

What character of fiction do you most wish had a blog?
Carrie Bradshaw's blog would be full of pop culture, cute boy references and friendship bonding moments. Also the matchmaking escapades of Emma Woodhouse would be a daily read for me.

What historical or real life person do you most wish had a blog?
I would have loved to read the day to day exploration of John Lennon. I imagine the words to be both poetic and thought provoking.

What is your present state of blog?
I've been feeling scattered and thinly spread. I've been worried that meme's are going to overtake my blog as that is all my brain can wrap itself around but I profess to make them entertaining. I've only returned to work from my Canadian super long maternity leave a mere six weeks ago. Eventually I will find balance and get my groove back.

What is the quality you most admire in a person?
My close friends all share the traits of being intelligent and honest. I love spending hours getting caught up in long conversations that flow in all kinds of tangents. They are open-minded and respectful while sharing their opinions and thoughts. I love that these moments give me lasting ideas to ponder.

What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Being so afraid of getting hurt that you never let yourself experience love would be up there. So would having pride lead you down a road of bad choices.

What natural gift would you most like to possess?
The first thing that comes to mind would be the ability to clear my mind of all the racing thoughts so that I could be successful at astral projection. I would zoom over to BlogHer and listen to all the conversations and check out their shoes.

Besides that, I'd love to have the celebrity halo of charm that would attract hordes of people to me, bring about gazillions of dollars and make cool companies send me free stuff. I won't even mind if the paparazzi depict me as a white trash mama.

What is your blog motto?
Write from the heart to hold close memories into the future.



See? I'm not worthy

Special thanks to that bad lady Her Bad Mother for encouraging such a great project. We are still jealous that she gets to go to BlogHer and we don’t, but at least we can rest assured that the Toronto contingent will be well-represented in Cali.

Also, don’t know how a newbie got so lucky, but you can check out my interview over at Martinis for Milk place. Scarbiedoll is so smart and funny that I have always been kind of scared to comment, but now that we are best buds, I’ll drive her crazy with my blather. She certainly is a fave and I thank her for her warm hospitality!

By the way, that’s a little goat sticking her little tongue out. I am a capricorn and a bit of a brat, so I thought it fit. Since I have to explain it, I prolly should have chosen a different picture.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Her Bad Mother said…

    Oooh, Emma, I didn't think of her! Good one!

    Awesome interview. I'll be raising a drink to you for sure!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger scarbie doll said…

    Glad I didn't scare you off with my inappropriate humour. I thought, "Well, she either gets me, or she doesn't." I was hoping my hunch was correct. Phew!

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger metro mama said…

    Love the pic.

    Jana, thanks for organizing this!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger motherbumper said…

    Jana, I love your answer: "Whenever I give myself a topic that I want to write about, the words get stuck in my head. Some of the things that are important to me and others that make me who I am seem to be permanently lodged in a zone I can’t reach." Perfect, just perfection. I know exactly what you are saying and I love that you can actually go one step further and describe it. I love this interview! You rock for drawing up the plans! I can't wait to meet you.

    Penelope, great interview and I'm totally sympathetic to the technical difficulties... that was my morning, ahhhh!

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger ms blue said…

    Thanks for the generous words! It is such a different feeling and rush to read my thoughts on your space. I kind of feel like Something Pink today.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that- is a very good motto.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape