penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

She's Got Personality

So, you know those personality tests everybody is always talking about? Myers-briggs and whatnot?
I decided to get in on the action. I want to be identified by an obscure acronym and gain some insight as to my true self. So I did it. I am an ESTJ – Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging.

I enjoyed doing the test, and I think the results are pretty accurate, but it was a funny test.

Some of the questions were pretty bleedin’ obvious...
You consider the scientific approach to be the best
(yes. I am a thinker.) (No. I am a senser.)

Some, kind of accusatory...
Deadlines seem to you to be of relative, rather than absolute, importance
(ok, ok, I admit it! I had an artist bio due, but I let it slide so that I wouldn’t miss the season premier of project runway! I’m sorry, I’m so sorry! Please go easy on me!)

Some, kind of hard-line...
Objective criticism is always useful in any activity
(Yes! Always useful! Any activity – take laundry, or choosing an item off a menu, for example – very useful!)

And some, just kind of weird...
You are usually the first to react to a sudden event: the telephone ringing or unexpected question
(telephones and questions? When I think ‘sudden events’, I usually think something with a bit more of a bite – a co-worker getting the axe, or an explosion maybe.)

I kind of felt like they just started pulling things out of their ass. I half expected them to ask questions like:

Do you like pasta?

Have you ever killed anyone, but not someone whose life you felt was important?

Do you often wear bluejeans?

Really, the test doesn’t have to be more than 4 questions long:

1) Do you have friends?
2) Are you a little miss bossy-pants?
3) Do you analzye the shit out of everything?
4) Betty or Veronica?

Anyway, the test was fun, so I thought I’d take a few more.
Here’s what I found out:

The o/s I am most like is: slacker linux

My pie tastes like: Key Lime

If I were a dogI’d be: a freakin’ French Bulldog

I am the goddess Gaia. Represent, Earth Mother!

And, most importantly, if Fox ever needs a replacement for Summer, I’m so there.

of course, if you really want to know what i'm about, just call me CALM - cool ass lady mama.

***
Bub and Pie nominated me for a Perfect Post!
This is pretty heavy stuff because
a) I’m a newbie
b) Bub and Pie is a tremendously smart, eloquent writer whose words I have adored and have inspired me (hi, see my last 2 posts) since my first time over there and
c) that post meant a whole lot to me.

A million thank yous, from the bottom of my milk ducts.

my grateful acknowledgement and apologies to those who left comments on the previous post that has now disappeared. I am just being my usual no-techmoric loser self. whoops.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger moplans said…

    I'm an ESTJ too. I feel so much better now.
    I was worried I wasn't even close to what Bub and Pie said she and most bloggers are.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger metro mama said…

    I'm ESFJ.

    If the Summer croaks, I'm in too.

    I'm Gaia too!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your perfect post...it was much deserved. :)

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Bea said…

    My sister is a Key Lime pie, and I'm a Mud Pie. The fact that I can tell you this without having to click on the link because this is just the kind of information I have on hand says something really sad about me, I think.

    And hey Lisa B. - sorry to freak all you guys out! Now I'm getting all kinds of flak from you extroverts (i.e. Sunshine Scribe - ENFJ) for my perceived introvert-elitism! Extraverts rock! (Ducking head and retreating...)

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger crazymumma said…

    I loved loved loved that post. Not stalking you, but I did go back and read it several times. Sometimes the words just come, and the muse definetely visited you that day. Congrats, you are in fine company with all the other nominees.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Her Bad Mother said…

    Bub has good tast. Real good taste. That was some excellent post, lady.

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger moplans said…

    I'm slackware linux too.
    You are freakin me out.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    ENJF here ... as Bub & Pie already knew.

    Congrats on the perfect post ... it was so well deserved :)

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, I, too, am key lime pie, Summer and the earth goddess Gaia (incidently, a handy name to know if you enjoy crossword puzzles). Might even be a freakin' French Bulldog as well but I couldn't access the link.

    We have all of that in common and yet I was an introverted intuitive feeling judging.

    Being an academic I thought I'd get a thinking in there somewhere. Guess it wasn't so useful to objectively criticize the scientific approach afterall.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape