penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Friday, August 11, 2006

100 things I know for sure

100 things to know (and love) about ME

1. I used to be a deadhead
2. a deadhead that actually went to shows
3. we went to the shows in my b-friend’s stickered-up honda civic
4. I did inhale
5. I love little house on the prarie
6. and friends
7. I like to think that I am most like Rachel
8. But really I am most like Monica
9. except I hate cleaning
10. tho I like ironing and vacuuming
11. I consider myself an environmentalist but I am addicted to my stupid mr. clean magic eraser
12. I don’t use it on anything that might go in bumblebee’s mouth
13. I have two sisters and a brother
14. our initials are J, K, J, K
15. we were born in ’73, ’75, ’83, ‘85
16. I am K ‘75
17. J ’73 and J ’83 have both been arrested and spent time in jail…
18. …for civil disobedience and prom-night drunkeness, respectively
19. I have never even gotten a parking ticket
20. I’m not that good, I’ve just never been caught
21. I was labled ‘gifted’ in grade 2
22. I always did very well in school
23. and thought that I was smarter than the teachers
24. I think I was smarter than a few
25. I never actually finished high school
26. But somehow the university never noticed, so who cared?
27. I never actually finished university
28. went to live in the middle east instead for the better part of a year
29. I have watched katyusha rockets flying overhead
30. I have learned that people who live in a war zone do not live like they are in a war zone
31. romance is very sweet in a war zone
32. I came home because I ran out of money, defaulted on my student loan, maxed out my visa and was afraid that if I did not come home then, I never would
33. besides motherhood, I consider that period the most important of my life
34. met the man I would marry 4 months after my return
35. we were both working at a bookstore
36. I thought he looked like a beautiful alien and that I should stay away from him
37. we started dating soon after
38. our first date was on the black bull patio and we got hammered
39. the first time we said ‘I love you’ was on national tv
40. sex tv
41. I’m not joking
42. it was on a segment about the chemistry of love
43. people stopped us on the street for weeks afterwards
44. yes, I have it on tape
45. no, you can’t see it
46. we got married 3 years later
47. we went to malta and sicily on our honeymoon
48. if bee ever wants to get married, we will encourage her to get ‘er done on a beach in a tropical place with 10 friends and a bottle of rum (each)
49. I think I am a great mother
50. This list is too short to start talking about my daughter
51. Because she is the most incredible creature on the face of this planet
52. Don’t know what I did without her
53. oh yeah, sleep
54. I used to watch fishing shows for relaxation
55. I still like reality tv
56. I often have to stop myself from telling people that they suck
57. I don’t think it is polite to ‘eeeww’ other people’s food
58. I was held up at knife-point while I worked at a toy store on september 18, 1994
59. I peed my pants when I saw the knife
60. And asked him if he wanted the change out of the register too
61. He said no
62. I guess there is no hard and fast stick-up etiquette
63. I have some pretty good personal safety issues as a result
64. I will try not to pass them on to bumblebee
65. Chris is very patient about these things and goes downstairs to check every little creak and squeak that freaks me out at night
66. He also kills my bugs
67. I have to deal with any birds or mice
68. I think it’s a fair trade
69. Mighty Mouse was my first crush
70. I fell off a chair declaring my love for him
71. Next was Randolph Mantooth
72. If you know who that is, you are tops in my books
73. I had pictures of River Phoenix on the walls of my side of the room
74. My sister had pictures of Jim Morrison
75. I shared a room for 10 years
76. I loved it
77. I have dual citizenship
78. My dad is from Brooklyn, yo
79. He is a Vietnam vet and a pacifist
80. I think my dad is really cool
81. when I was little we played boxes together and he would sing ‘kisses sweeter than wine’ to us
82. In one summer: both my remaining grandparents died
83. My dad had a near-fatal heart attack at my grandmother’s (his MIL’s) funeral
84. We bought our first house
85. My parents separated
86. And I got pregnant
87. We named our baby after my grandparents
88. She was due on my grandmother’s birthday
89. I believe in karma
90. My MIL sends me email forwards with religious Christian content and sentiments
91. I am Jewish
92. I do not believe in war
93. Or george w. bush
94. I am pro-choice, for every woman, everywhere
95. I support a person’s right to love whomever they choose
96. I have never read a self-help book
97. If I wrote one it might be called ‘Why are you so annoying?’ or ‘Just listen to me, ‘cause I’m right’
98. I am a misplacer of sunglasses and travel mugs
99. I am slightly concerned that I have inherited the insanity gene that seems to hit the women in my family around middle age
100.I guess we’ll see.

12 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger lisalou said…

    101. When you first came to the west coast you thought the ocean was a lake. Or maybe you just said that so that i would think you were adorable. It worked.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger metro mama said…

    101. you are very witty (in person too)

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Urban Daddy said…

    Sex TV, eh?

    I swear I saw that episode and remember you guys - from your pictures on this blog. And it was a while ago, right?

    Don't ask me what I was going watching that stuff... I'll make something witty up.

    Great list!! Enjoyed reading it.

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger butterfly cocoon said…

    I had a crush on Mighty Mouse and Randolph Mantooth too. Yep, I know who he is, alright.
    I enjoyed visiting your blog and especially reading the breastfeeding post. Brought back fond memories.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Loved this list. Feel like commenting on all 100 but I am too lazy :) I have never done one of these 100 lists ... looks like fun.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Her Bad Mother said…

    If you're insane, I wanna be crazy like you.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger crazymumma said…

    I loved this....Anne

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger crabbykate said…

    I love lists like this. Seriously, I do. And I have to say that I know who Mantooth is too, as I harbour a secret knowledge of all things soap opera. (ummm Kate, you know anything you say on the internet isn't a secret, right?)

    And re: self-help books: I love your titles - they could have a future. My best friend and I in high school used to try and come up with titles of self-help books that WE would read. My favourite so far was her gem: "IF I HAD A PENIS, WOULD I BE A DICK TOO?"

    Ha.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaaaah blessed be, she FINALLY comments!!

    Here are 10 things that I know for sure:

    1. I am only writing 10 because I can be lazy.
    2. I also am a strong believer in the Karma as I have seen both its wrath & its beauty.
    3. I will NEVER, EVER fight with you about hockey tickets again.
    4. One jewish mother IS enough for two people.
    5. I am observer of life cycles. The good, the bad & the evil.
    6. I actually WAS Jamaican in another life. I will continue to visit every year until my next life.
    7. Longevity runs in my family. My grandmother is 90 with more marbles than me. However, women are destined to live alone on both sides of my family.
    8. My chi-chi puppy will always manage to find a way either lean up against my, or have her paws on, my ass, when I sleep.
    9. I am a better person for all the time I invested in being a deadhead.
    10. The combination of Jack Daniels, Jacuzzis & NYC cops with brothers named "Jack" can really push my buttons.

    It feels good to share.

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger ms blue said…

    Your list is so much fun to read!

    #34 to #47 sounds very romantic. I'm sure that if I watched a fishing show I would fall asleep but I do love me some reality tv. Being held up at knife-point is horrible. I'm anti-war and pro-choice too! Still waiting on sweet karma but I've got faith her.

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Randolph Mantooth was my first crush and when I made a mix of songs to play for my baby after he was born, "Kisses sweeter than Wine" was one of the first songs I put on there.

    Very cool list.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape