penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New and Improved Wednesdays!

So, I’ve decided that my blog should have a regular feature. I enjoy them so much on other people’s blogs that I wanted to share the love. However, deciding on an original, engaging theme has been somewhat tricky – I mean, there are some pretty good regular features out there. The bar has been set pretty high, and I’m only 5-foot-1.

I toyed with a few ideas before I finally got to where I am, and thought I would share a few of the rejected topics:

The Tuesday Kvetch (like I need a special day for that)
Learn Yiddish with Penelope Fridays (let’s celebrate the sabbath together!)
Sensimilla Saturdays (stories about my youth)
If it’s Monday, This Must Be Poland (a triptych of places my people have been exiled from)
Thursday, I Don’t Care About You (why you suck)
Sleepover Sundays (how you suck)

People, feel free to bite any of those; they are up for grabs.

Without further ado, I give you the approved regular feature topic:

The Wednesday Shuffle!

What’s penelope listening to? I know you’re itching to find out. Well, the wait is over!

Here’s what I’m shuffling on my ipod right now (ok, the ipod is broken, but here’s what’s shuffling on itunes):

1. No Other Way – Jack Johnson
2. Steady as She Goes – The Raconteurs
3. It Could Have Been a Brilliant Career – Belle & Sebastian
4. Iron Lion Zion – Bob Marley
5. We Shall Overcome – Bruce Springsteen
6. Pon De Replay – Rhianna
7. Jenny Jenkins – Jerry Garcia & David Grisman
8. Lake Fever – The Tragically Hip
9. Raphael – Carla Bruni
10. S.O.S. – Abba


Good stuff, no? As soon as I learn how, I will add some hotlink action straight to the music sample. Until then, this is penelopeto, with your Wednesday shuffle, signing off.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Baby in the City said…

    LOVE IT! I was thinking of doing this too, I've been trying to figure out if I can do a playlist/podcast for download. If you figure it out, please do tell.

    Keeping up with, or just suffling through, music has been one of the many things I've had to let go since the babe arrived so having someone do the choosing for me is great. I'll be here every Wednesday!

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger scarbie doll said…

    Um, I think I want to squish you right now. I could listen to that B&S album a thousand times! And Carla Bruni? As if! Are you a conflicting anglophile and francophile like me too? I can never freakin decide: France or the UK -- who do I love more?
    Can we meet already?

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Urban Daddy said…

    Good suggestions.

    We were actually in Poland a few years ago and it was ... well, interesting.

    The music is not exactly my genre, but whatever works for you.

    I'm also looking forward to the Yiddish day, well Saturday too. LOL They all look good. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Mom101 said…

    I vote for Thursday I don't care about you, if only for the Smiths reference.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Mom101 said…

    D'OH!!! The Cure. I'm picturing Robert Smith, and out comes "The Smiths." So you could see the confusion...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape