penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Friday, December 15, 2006

enter the grinch

Oh, week - how shit you've been.

Great way to start a post, innit? But true. So I haven't been around much; I've lurked a bit, commented less - especially with blogger beta sucking almost as much as my week; I'm not used to weeks like this and I'm exhausted by it.

No less than 3 ugly, face-to-face conflicts have arisen this week, and they have sucked the energy out of me. Which meant that I had little left to put into all of the things that needed desperately to get done, and all the things that I said I would do. To the many people that I have let down this week, I am truly sorry. I meant to do it; I meant to write that piece; to proof that letter; to bake those cookies; to go to that fundraiser; to spend an evening just the two of us.

I had a reprieve on Tuesday night - gold tickets to the Leafs game, which I hadn't been to in over a year, which was so awesome, which we won. Thank you my very best friend, for that.

But Wednesday morning my hockey high was completely destroyed by something that I cannot talk about, lest I be dooced.

I'm not sure what's going on. I feel like much of this conflict was not brought on by me, and may just be an issue of really bad timing, but still... I am the common denominator.

So I'm just going to let the dust settle a little bit longer, and hopefully the weekend will refresh my spirit and rejuvenate my soul.


It's not all bad news. There are lovely, wonderful things afoot. Please go see.

Her Bad Auction

oh, and ahem, a more positive, happy me can also be found at MommyBlogs Toronto. But I can't get the link to work. see sidebar until I smarten up.


  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Mary-LUE said…

    I'm so sorry about all the conflict. I'm practically allergic to conflict! I hope things settle down soon.

  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger metro mama said…

    Care to come over for coffee and cookies to vent? You're exempt from the 3-cookie rule you know.

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Lisa b said…

    hey I tried to comment earlier
    sorry you are having such a sucky week
    work stress really gets to me

  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger nomotherearth said…

    Sorry you had a bad week. And this commenting thing really sucks, huh?

  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger crazymumma said…

    Oh no! I do not know what is going on but I think that there is a nation wide malaise going on. I really hope it gets better. We must drink copius amounts of wine after the holidays! I am heading ove to MBT....
    Oh, and Blogger sucks monkey balls..

  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous mamatulip said…

    Here's hoping next week is ten times better. :)

  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger sunshine scribe said…

    Sorry to hear about your crappy week. No fun. Here's hoping for a better next week ... or else lots of booze and chocolate :)

  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger ewe are here said…

    Some weeks just suck, no?

    Hope your weekend is going well.
    Have some chocolate.

  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger jen said…

    ah...sister. hang in there. i'd bring you some deep red wine, if only i could.

  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger cinnamon gurl said…

    Oh hon, so sorry to hear your week was as bad as mine! Hope you have a lovely weekend!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape