penelope and bumblebee

Good grammar costs nothing.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Wednesday Shuffle - Thursday Edition

Also known as the ‘I have the day off, baby is napping, coffee and bagel with cream cheese edition.’ gt.gt.

1. Courage – Sarah Polley – her version of the Hip song, from the soundtrack to The Sweet Hereafter. I love this version.

2. Happiness Runs – Donovan. What? I used to be a hippie.

3. Ramalama (Bang Bang) – Roisin Murphy. Again. My current song addiction, and bumblebee does the cutest little bouncy dance to it.

4. All In Your Hands – Lamb. Does anybody else like this now-defunct band? Me and Chris loooved them – this was the first band that was ‘ours.’

5. High Tide or Low Tide – Ben Harper & Jack Johnson (live). Ben Harper and Jack Johnson doing Bob Marley? Together? I think I just had an orgasm.

6. Heartbeat – Annie. Recently discovered. She's Norse. Good stuff.

7. If I Were a Carpenter – Bobby Darin. This song reminds me of my dad. Love my dad.

8. Pinch Me – Barenaked Ladies. More Can-Con. Hated the ladies when everybody in grade 9 was wearing the ‘barenaked’ hats, but I like them now.

9. Undone - The Sweater Song – Weezer. Really, who doesn’t like Weezer?

10. Birthday – Sugarcubes. I shared a love of the ‘cubes with a boy in grade 12 who was very very awesome. We used to scale the fence into casa loma’s gardens for midnight picnics.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger cinnamon gurl said…

    Yeah, love Weezer. If you want really good cancon though, how about the Rheostatics? I want to get a children's album they made a few years ago, called something about Harmelodia?

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger metro mama said…

    I LOVE this version of Courage. Love the Hip version too.

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger crazymumma said…

    See, I just left a comment here, so we all have these malfunctions. Did not think you were spamming me, just thought something had messed up...have done it myself lots!
    What I said in my dissappeared comment was that I love the If I was a Carpenter by BD, he has such a rich voice.

    Also, a phoenix tattoo! Will you post a pic of it? You are soooo cool, it is an amazing symbol...would be interested in the story that led to that tattoo....hmmmm have I inspired a post (muah ha ha).

    As well

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger lisalou said…

    used to be a hippie?
    I too love lamb. It reminds me of when Aura and I came to visit you. It also reminds me of when I came to visit you at a tender age when all we cared about was dancing and all we ate were sandwiches from your wicked sandwich maker.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Urban Daddy said…

    Weezer.

    I liked most of their stuff, but them bought their most recent CD (I never buy music) and it sucks. :(

    I did buy new Audioslave and Rob Zombie... both are very pleasant. Also anything from the Clayton/Scott Group. Great Canadian Jazz (and I normally dislike jazz). This stuff is GREAT.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger cinnamon gurl said…

    Re: your comment on my blog... Belly dancing in Turkey in 98 sounds pretty cool... Any chance you might write (or already have written) about that?

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man I love the SugarCubes.

    PS. I once belly-danced too. But sadly, not in Turkey.

    I want to hear that story.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've got great taste in music -- and I see some new names on here for me that I think I'll have to check out.

    Aaah, Weezer. I love me some Rivers Cuomo.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said…

    sugarcubes, yes. delicious. right up there with the pixies.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger crabbykate said…

    oh gawd I LOVED Lamb. That song of theirs - "Gorecki" I think it's called - it was a song of Matt & mine years ago. Haven't thought of them in years - thanks for the memory! I wonder what happened to them.

    Birthday is also one of my very very Sugarcubes songs. In fact, my first concert was them with New Order. Sigh.

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Debbie said…

    ahhh. the s'cubes. I love the song Eat the Menu, where she sings, bite a kiwi! and her voice cracks so prettily, in the middle of kiwi.

    Birthday is a really good song, too. it kinda gets me right here. *thumps chest*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape